Who is David Foster?
David Foster is a musician, recording producer, music composer, vocalist, and songwriter from Canada. He was born in Victoria, Canada, on November 1, 1949.
Father Morry Foster’s early life
David Walter Foster was born on November 1, 1949, in Victoria, Canada.
Maurice Foster, his father, was a support yard manager, and Eleanor May, his mother, was the manufacturer.
In 1963, at the age of 13, he enrolled in the University of Washington’s Music Program.
In 1965, he auditioned for a top band seat in an Edmonton nightclub.
The company was run by renowned jazz musician Tommy Banks, who introduced Foster to the music industry.
Foster relocated to Los Angeles in 1974 with his band Skylark after playing with Ronnie Hawkins.
David Foster’s physical stats are as follows:
David Foster stands 5’10” and weighs 69 kg.
His body length is 46 inches. His hair is grey and his eyes are blue.
David Foster Zodiac Sign:
David Foster is 72 years old and was born on November 1, 1949.
According to our findings, David Foster’s zodiac sign is Scorpio.
David Foster Personal Life:
- Foster has six children and had been married five times.
- His first marriage was from 1972 to 1981 to singer and writer B.J. Cook, and they have one daughter Amy.
- From 1982 to 1986, he was married to Rebecca Dyer. Sara, Erin, and Jordan were their three daughters.
- His third marriage, from 1991 to 2005, was with actress Linda Thompson.
- During his marriage to Thompson, he was the stepfather to Brody and Brandon Jenner, Thompson’s boys (then Bruce Jenner). The couple divorced after 14 years.
- Yolanda Hadid, a Dutch model, was Foster’s fourth partner from 2011 to 2017.
- Foster and Hadid rose to popularity on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and both appeared frequently on the show.
- Foster also became a stepfather to Hadid’s three daughters, Gigi, Bella, and Anwar.
- Foster and Hadid divorced in 2015, and their marriage terminated in 2017.
- Katharine McPhee, a 35-year-old singer, and actress joined Foster in June 2018. They will marry in June 2019.
- David Foster, 72, is well aware that the nearly 35-year age gap between him and his present wife, Katharine McPhee, 37, is a source of contention, but he chooses to overlook it.
- The couple’s son, Rennie, was born in February 2021.
Why did David Foster divorce so frequently?
Although it is unknown what caused Foster’s first two marriages to fail, Thompson and Hadid have already spoken out about several elements of their relationships with Foster that they did not like.
According to Thompson’s 2016 memoir, A Little Thing Called Life, Foster was “jealous” of Thompson’s exes.
Thompson further mentioned that he expected her to fulfill all of his requirements.
However, Hadid stated in her 2017 book, Believe Me: My Battle With the Invisibility of Lyme Disease, that she and Foster split up because he couldn’t deal with her Lyme disease battle.
She was diagnosed with the condition in 2012.
Foster, on the other hand, has consistently denied leaving Hadid due to her health.
According to The List, he remarked in his July 2020
documentary David Foster:
Off the Record, “How can I abandon a sick woman?” The truth is that that was not my motivation for leaving.”
David Foster began his career as a keyboardist for the musical group Skylark.
The band’s song “Wildflower” had a top ten smash in 1973.
When the band disbanded, Foster moved to Los Angeles and founded the band Airplay with Jay Graydon.
In 1975, he appeared on George Harrison’s album Extra Texture.
He then played Fender Rhodes and Clavinet on Harrison’s album Thirty-Three & 1/3 a year later.
Guthrie Thomas’ second album Capitol Records, Lies and Alibis, featured Foster, Ringo Star, and a slew of other prominent musicians.
As a studio player, arranger, and co-writer on six songs on the album, the most notable was “After The Love Has Gone,” for which Foster and his co-authors Graydon and Bill Champlin received the 1980 Grammy Award for Best R&B Song.
Foster was a co-writer on songs such as “Hard to Say I’m Sorry” (US No. 22), “Stay the Night” (US No. 17), and “You’re the Inspiration” (US No. 3).
Peter Cetera, the band’s bassist, co-wrote these four songs.
Foster was dubbed the “master of… bombastic pop kitsch” by Rolling Stone magazine in 1985.
That year, Foster wrote “St. Elmo’s Fire Love Theme,” which peaked at No. 15 on the Poppy Charts.
Foster’s 143 records include major-label debut albums for Josh Groban (2001), Michael Bublé (2003), Renee Olstead (2004), and Charice (2010).
On December 15, 2011, he was named President of Verve Music Group.
Foster also collaborated with Bryan Adams on the 2014 album My Years Tracks.
Foster left Verve in 2016 as part of the label’s restructuring.
He collaborated with Susan Birkenhead on music for Betty Boop and a piece for Jewel based on Amy Bloom’s Lucky Us novel.
David Foster’s TV Appearances:
As a veteran music producer, Foster has had countless opportunities to appear on television.
In April 2006, he appeared as a guest mentor on “American Idol” and as a judge on “Nashville Star.”
In 2015, 2017, and 2019, he was a judge on Asia’s Got Talent.
He has also appeared on “Celebrity Duet,” “Star Tomorrow,” “The View,” “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” and “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.”
David Foster Collaborations:
- Blue Skies – Diana DeGarmo (2004)
- Céline Dion’s Miracle (2004)
- Michael Bublé’s It’s Time (2005)
- Josh Groban’s Awake (2006)
- Peter Cincotti, east of Angel Town (2007)
- Michael Bublé’s “Call Me Irresponsible” (2007)
- Seal – Soul (2008)
- Renee Olstead’s Skylark (2009)
- Michael Bublé’s Crazy Love (2009)
- Seal, Soul 2 (2011)
- Michael Bublé’s Christmas (2011)
- Rod Stewart’s “Merry Christmas, Baby” (2012)
- Bryan Adams – Tracks of My Years (2014)
- Diana Krall’s Wallflower (2015)
- Michael Bublé’s “Love” (2018)
- David Foster’s Social Media Presence: Facebook
- David Foster is present on every social networking platform.
What is David Foster’s net worth?
David Foster is a musician, record producer, composer, performer, and songwriter with a net worth of $150 million in Canada.
Foster has also worked with some of the most well-known musicians, including Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, Toni Braxton, and others.
His other credits include Madonna and Michael Jackson from the 1980s.
He received 16 Grammy nods out of his 47 total nominations.
He has sold over 500 million CDs to the artists he has collaborated with throughout the years.
He is married to singer/actress Katharine McPhee.
In addition to his life, David has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to organizations, primarily through the David Foster Fund.
How much money does David Foster make from real estate?
David Foster’s net worth is sufficient to allow them to purchase an extravagant home in the lush California city, close to notable celebrities such as Oprah and Ellen DeGeneres.
They fall in love and decide to stay in LA until David and Katherine find a home.